Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Hi we finally have aveeno in New Zealand, I want to know if it is good ?

Hi we finally have aveeno in New Zealand, I want to know if it is good ?

Postby Nicole » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:48 pm

Hi I have cronic atopic ezcema and at the momment my skin isnt too bad, I am using lipocream/lociod and aqueous as a soap substitute, I was wanting to know how good aveeno is and did u find it better than acqeous and lemnis fatty cream?
Nicole

Re: Hi we finally have aveeno in New Zealand, I want to know if it is good ?

Postby dermoexpert » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:22 pm

Hello,

I also have chronic atopic eczema, which has demoralized me throughout my life. However, it can be easily controlled with the right diet, physical environment and dermatological products.

Both "Aveeno Fragrance Free Moisturizing Soap Bar for Dry Skin with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal" and
"Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream" is possibly the best anti-eczema products on the market:

- They are not greasy, yet fully moisturizing & soothing.

- They include a generous amount of natural colloidal oatmeal, which helps a lot with both soothing and re-texturing the skin

- They all are dye and fragrance free. Thus, Aveeno has been dermatologist recommended for more than 50 years.

- It is rather cheap soap and cream, and by far the most accessible on the international market.

Enjoy!
dermoexpert

Postby SupraNZ » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:37 am

Hi

I've had eczema for 28 yrs & have spent hundreds on expensive creams & tried cheap ones too of course. Nothing has come close to relieving the dry itchiness, until I tried Aveeno with menthol. I apply it directly after a shower. It says it moisturizers for 24 hrs but with my skin its more like 10 so I just reapply. Its fantastic it really is. The menthol kills the itch with a cooling affect & it feels really soft. It doesn't clear the eczema up as I feel something else is causing my histamine production but it certainly is an amazing product in relieving that nasty dry itch.
SupraNZ

Postby sonu » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:51 pm

is aveeno cream available in dubai
sonu

Postby salma » Fri May 07, 2010 10:13 am

In what shops in Dubai and Abu- dhabi is aveeno moisturizing lotion available?
salma

Postby surfinbabe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:31 am

i've used aqueous cream but it felt like nothing happened.

i loved the fatty cream because it was way better than aqueous but nothing happened too...
surfinbabe

Postby john » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:39 pm

Aqueous cream should not be used as a cream, it's for use as a wash or in shower and should not be left on the skin. Wash it off after cleansing. I may add that it has SLS in it which is a known irritant.

I recommend Elave products, Irish made not sure if you can get it outside Ireland and UK.

elaveskincare.com/uploads/elave/Freefrom-logo.png
john

Postby Carlynda » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:17 am

IMHO you've got the right aenwsr!
Carlynda

Postby Essence » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Deep thought! Thanks for cotnribtuing.
Essence

Postby Totoro » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Hello,

Yes, it is good but it is not cheap. It comes in blue, green or purple. The blue one has more oats in than the green one and the purple one is lavender scented. The blue one is the best for skin but it does not smell the best. I have the blue one because it helps me the best. It only helps you moisturise but does not help with the very sore bits.
Totoro

Next

Return to Aveeno