Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Help desperatly needed!!!!

Help desperatly needed!!!!

Postby sarah22 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:08 pm

hi im at my wits end.my little boy is 21 months old&is suffering terribly with eczema,he has it almost all over,apart from his face.we are awaiting a dermatology appt but this could be sometime.we have uesd endless creams&lotions,i have just changed him from cows to goats milk to see if this makes a difference.he has had 3 infections in the last 3 months for which he has had antibiotics,he scratches&crys all night,we have not had afull nights sleep in 4 months!!!please please,any advice would be welcome,its breaking my heart.
sarah22

Re: Help desperatly needed!!!!

Postby James 41 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:36 am

Hi sarah,

Its hard to control diet for young children, but in my experience my eczema is definately diet related. I would just try to aviod wheat and dairy as much as possible, avoid additives and colurings and try to have him eat as many good natural things as possible such as fruit and vegetables. Good luck, i hope you can get it under control.
James 41

Postby wheatfreecured » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:51 pm

Sarah22...

I agree with James.... try removing the wheat...gluten...from his diet... use rice or potatoes for a starch... vegetables... etc... just plain things... lactose as well ... what does his stomach look like... like he swallowed a large ball ? Are his bowel movements normal?

Jeannine
wheatfreecured

Postby sarah22 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:22 pm

hi,yeah his bowel movements seem fine,though his tummy does look bloated sometimes???do you know why this is?
sarah22

Postby wheatfreecured » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:26 am

Sarah,

James could be onto something.. with the wheat tolerance... or gluten.... remove the gluten from his diet... google: gluten free diet... and google; celiac and skin; together... it maybe worth the try for a couple of weeks.. his skin may not show a difference... but the itch will begin to go away if he has an intolerance to gluten... it is a diet without wheat flour, barley and oats.. you will see if you google it... rice, corn and potatoes... no breads, pancakes... etc... see if it works...it may only take a couple of days to see a change in the need to scratch...

Jeannine

keep us posted if you choose to try it... it can not hurt.. it will just take effort on you and the families part.
wheatfreecured

Postby happyness » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:17 am

My daughter loves Renew intensive skin therapy. Its made by a wellness company called melaleuca. Its the best thing I have found to heal the skin
happyness

Postby Narumon » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:09 pm

The book has a lot of good info in it as to how to cook and live gluten free. However the book does not mark in the ieprces which items you need to make sure are gluten free (it notes early in the book that there are some items that you will need to make sure are gluten free, the other GF cooling books i have bought and used have marked every item in the ingredients list. It is a good starting point, and the BBQ meat loaf (page 210 if i recall correctly) is AMAZING, but the other ieprces in the book i have tried so far have been pretty bland, maybe i just so far have chosen the wrong ones but compared to the other GF cook books ive used this has a much lower percentage of great ieprces -matt
Narumon

Postby Hany » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:23 am

None. Wheat-free and gluten-free lilsetyfe has nothing to do with weight loss your weight is based solely on how many calories you consume vs how many you expend. Be aware that lots of wheat- and gluten- free products are high in calorie content. There is no magic product (acacia berry, etc) or diet that will help you lose weight without very serious side effects. I know a lot of overweight and out-of-shape vegetarians. I also know a lot of overweight and out-of-shape meat eaters. As long as you consume a nutritionally complete diet, get plenty of exercise (raise you heart rate and get sweaty 3-4 times a week), drink lots of water (not juices or sodas), get sufficient sleep, stay away from too much sugar, and consume a reasonable number of calories you'll be fine whether you choose to eat like an omnivore, a vegetarian, or a vegan.
Hany

Postby Sofe » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:42 pm

I was recently given this book by my cleiac mother-in-law, and I am so grateful. My sister and I are both cleiacs, and desserts like cake and cookies have been missing from our lives for years. (I mean, REAL cakes and cookies that taste like their gluten-laiden counterparts.) From the very first recipe we tried- frosted macadamia nut bars (p.145) to my 25th birthday treat- whoopie pies (p.118), my entire family has devoured the outcomes. Including those who can eat wheat. This book explains evey detail about gluten-free flours, right down to thier protein contents, and how and why they work. This is an absolute must for anyone who wants to enter back into the realm of heavenly desserts, or anyone catering to their beloved cleiac. Just be prepared to stock your shelves with a bunch of new flours, and you'll be on your way!
Sofe

Return to Aveeno