Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Calendula allergy

Calendula allergy

Postby EmL » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:51 am

I've been really puzzled as to why my eczema was not going away, even when I used steriod creams.

Turns out that I was applying some Nivia cream with Calendula oil in it, I was using Calendula gel on the side, and even bought some organic e-cream with Calendula salve as a key ingredient.

Calendula is known for healing and it felt great on my skin temporarily, but once my body absorbed it, I think that it started to react.

You see, I have terrible seasonal hay fever. I'm very allergic to ragweed -- calendula is part of the same family of plants. Therefore, be careful using "healthy" and "organic" products with this extract in it. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
EmL

Re: Calendula allergy

Postby Minnie » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:40 am

Kudos! What a neat way of thininkg about it.
Minnie

Postby Sapna » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 am

granddaughter born ecemza, a very serious one . Usually 's a sign allergies, I've seen react regular yogurt( amazingly, organic yogurt). : baby gets a bath second day, a table spoon apple cider vinegar bath water offset alkoloids dry out skin. add a bath oil helping very dry skin. bath , mother lotions a very moisturizing lotion called Renew(same brand bath oil). pediatrician daughter Crisco(yes, Crisco cans) control flare ups. baby's hair taken care a shampoo irritated scalps same company Renew Lotion. far Lotion worked wonders. I heard ointment called Aquaphor very . lotion pretty much taking care problem.I've ecemza back I know kind misery . I integrative medicine Vitamin B-100, Fish oil, Biotin physician. I possibility vitamin deficiencies during pregnancy, possible possible treat a baby . Europe using mare's milk treat ecemza psiorasis, a 35% success rate. , babies 1 year mare's milk(Equilac). daughter's pediatrician , way, same thing: a possibility daughter gotten a deficiency vitamin B. pretty much know very small many babies born ecemza lately. I best bet a very lotion, a small apple cider vinegar bath water bathing day prevent skin dries out more. I further , feel free e-mail :
Sapna

Postby Sarjeet » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:48 pm

eating and drinking is a HUGE faoctr and the daily recommended amount of water a day is 2-3 bottles. definitely try to eat fruits and veggies to replace the bad food you'd usually have. exercise at least once a week for about an hour. this will really affect the way your skin looks. vitamin a, c, and e really help your skin look fresh and make sure you moisturize your face. getting a good amount of sleep always contributes too.your body need to be taken care of like a puppy lol
Sarjeet

Postby Kittu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:35 am

hey there and thank you on your information – I have cealirnty picked up something new from proper here. I did on the other hand expertise several technical issues using this site, as I experienced to reload the web site lots of times prior to I may get it to load properly. I had been brooding about if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will very frequently impact your placement in google and could injury your quality score if advertising and ***********|advertising|advertising|advertising and *********** with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my e-mail and could glance out for much extra of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you update this once more very soon..
Kittu

Return to Aveeno