Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Hydrophil (urea and petrolatum) by Omega in Montreal Canada

Hydrophil (urea and petrolatum) by Omega in Montreal Canada

Postby Kay » Thu May 14, 2009 8:29 pm

I just wanted to share something that has worked for me for all the eczema sufferers out there. It's not a miracle cream but it is not medicated and does not have steroids. It's a simple urea and petrolatum cream called Hydrophil. It contains 50mg/g urea and white petrolatum 645mg/g. My sister mixes her cream with some cortisone but I use mine plain. I have been going the natural route for a couple years and I have been consulting a naturopath for the last 2 years as well. I am sure you could make your own mix since it's so simple if you can't find this brand where you are. It has made my eczema manageable, and I use it twice a day, morning and night. I know that petrolatum is suppose to be not good for you but I was amazed with the results when I tried it as well as my doctors. I think its the combination with urea that helps to keep the moisture in. I have been suffering from eczema since I was very young and I have always had a dermatologist through the years until I realized the cortisone was making my skin thinner and it was only working when I was applying the steroid creams. It's the same story for everyone, as soon as you stop applying the cream, the eczema comes back. Mine is on my right hand exclusively so doing things like cleaning and dishes irritates me, even with gloves or a few pairs of gloves for that matter. Right now I also use a humidifier in my room. I have found that flax seed oil helps if I use it everyday (2 tbs). I also practice yoga because physical activity and the meditation makes me feel good. I strongly suggest to try the urea/petrolatum cream, it's done wonders for me.
Kay

Re: Hydrophil (urea and petrolatum) by Omega in Montreal Canada

Postby Isabela » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Miracle products?Does annoye have any great products that actually do what they are supposed to do and that you just find amazing? It doesn't matter what they are for (like face cleansers, firming creams etc), just tell me what they are I am always looking up reviews on products, and never finding anything great so please share with me your experiences!
Isabela

Re: Hydrophil (urea and petrolatum) by Omega in Montreal Can

Postby jani » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:19 am

I have had eczema myself for 26 years, since I was born. As I have got older it has improved, but I constantly get staph infections on my face. I got fed up with taking antibiotics and using steroid creams, so 3 years ago I decided to see a homeopath. Although it can be expensive I found the remedies helped and the outbreaks became less frequent. I would defiantly recommend trying a homeopath. Also pure Aloe Vera from a plant leave, it is very cooling on bad eczema.
Hope this helps.
adil
jani

Return to Tacrolimus/Protopic