Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

My 3yr old daughter

My 3yr old daughter

Postby THOMAS » Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:44 pm

Has suffered with Eczema for the majority of her life.We have as a family suffered , with sleepless nights,watching her rip her body to bits in the hope of relief.Hospital admittance has taken place,at least five times.The last time being for 14 days resulting in treatment with oral prednisolone , various cream, lotions and potions. Things that work resonabiliy well are topical tacrulimus 0.3%, potassium tablets for bathing, betnavate RD/C topical. At the moment her scalp is very dry,we use olive oil and betnavate in large amounts. Has any one any new ideas on treatment for the scalp?
THOMAS

Re: My 3yr old daughter

Postby Nita » Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:51 pm

Thomas

My daughter Kavita has very dry scalp too, I have started using Hemp Oil for Hair and scalp from Bodyshop, I put the oil in her hair and then massage her head, it does itch intially,keep the scalp greasy overnight. I do it at least twice a week at the moment her scalp is under control I have been doing this for the past 4 months. Give it a try, it does smell, (not a bad smell, but a strong smell)

I hope it helps.

Nita
Nita

Postby thomas » Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:23 pm

Thanks Nita will give it a try.
thomas

Postby suzyc » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:25 pm

I have this problem with my 5 month old little boy. His scalp is so itchy and he scratches it whenever he gets stressed, i.e. tired, hungry, done a poo! So basically, all the time! I have tried that Body Shop Hemp Scalp Treatment too. It is good. It is also a good idea to keep it in the fridge so that it cools the affeted area too. I'm about to do a trial on Tea tree oil in a carrier oil, so I'll let you know how it goes. I really would like to know of good ideas for scalps too. He gets swadled when he goes to bed at the moment, but I know I can't do it forever! Good luck to all!
suzyc

Postby thomas » Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:14 pm

We have been trying dairy free products, these seem to be having an effect.Though at the moment she has no cold, the exzema does get a lot worse during cold episodes. Any one else notice this
thomas

Postby Ruth » Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:12 pm

Started my son on Dairy free about 2 months ago. Definately better for a while: no night waking, less itching, face cleared completely. But now its coming back again!! Have him on soya milk etc which works out a lot more expensive. Don't know whether to go back to dairy or if he has developed a soya sensitivity or what. It's driving me mad. Just as we think we have the answer it comes back again!

Thomas always has worse eczema when he has a cold or gets stressed or hot in addition to food allergies/sensitivities.

We've been going through the motions with his eczema for 4 years now and its soooo stressful. Running out of ideas and finding it increasingly hard to cope with. Watching him suffer is really heartbreaking.

Recently discovered wet-wraps. Wish to God the doctor had prescribed them years ago. They are brilliant. They're the only thing that stops the itching at night-time.
Ruth

Postby Kez » Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:59 pm

Ruth
My son cannot tolerate Soya, he has Rice Milk, which is great for him. Good luck,
Kez

Postby Ruth » Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:04 pm

Thanks Kez

I haven't heard of Rice milk. Worry about calcium and stuff that he's missing out on by not having milk. The soya has calcium and vitamins added. Wondering if Rice milk has calcium and stuff added too? I'll have a look around for it at the shops tomorrow.

Thanks.
Ruth

Postby janet » Sun May 04, 2003 8:45 pm

My son has suffered with moderate/severe eczema for 3years, we seem to have his itchy dry scalp under control by simply keeping his hair short, using amild shampoo very infrequently and using 50/50 liquid parafin/white parafin massaged into his scalp at night. Amazingly the parafin is absorbed leaving his hair with a shine and not particularly greasy.
janet

Postby Seneca » Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:24 pm

If you guys want to try something new for the scalp, try Psoriasil. It is a scalp and body wash. Also, a good over the counter lotion is Eucerin. I have had eczema for a little over a year(I am 21), and have tried almost everything.
Seneca

Next

Return to Tacrolimus/Protopic