Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Pompholyx/ dyshidrotic eczema

Re: Pompholyx/ dyshidrotic eczema

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:29 am

You want to moisturize it. You never want to dry it out or use tihgns that block normal sweating like vaseline.I'd recommend coal tar cream. You can go to the pharmacy and ask for cream to be made up, LPC 2% in aqueous cream. LPC is coal tar. A dermatologist made me a prescription for it and it definitely helped. You can also have 4%. Then I found out I can just order it at the chemist and they make it up without a prescription. You put it on very thinly. Also use natural moisturizers with NO fragrance, not even natural scents from essential oils. Dryness is the enemy of eczema. Unless of course it becomes infected from itching, if it's infected then you will need to dry it out and get rid of the infection, then start moisturizing once the infections gone
Elizabeth

Postby c23 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:19 pm

I've had eczema since I was a baby but it became dyshidrotic eczema as i grew older. For years my body has been free of rashes except for my hands, and now it's all back with a vengence. I know environmentally, I'm allergic to dust mites, but I swear it's something that's actually in the water that's causing my eczema. Softwater helps, staying away from hot water helps, but overall, there's only so much I can do to stay away from water. My theory is that the little bubbles under my skin in something to do with my body trying to retain the water that my hand comes into contact. I know for sure strong steroid creams work to supress it, but it does not actually help the problem as every 3 days without the cream, the bubbles reform. Everytime I scratch, I open up cracks in my skin and when I wash my hands, i swear that's when the bubbles start to form.
Right now i'm trying something new, tea tree oil and the eczema treatment from garden of wisdom. On it's own, the eczema treatment from garden of wisdom isn't strong enough, but combined with pure tea tree oil it seems to actually be starting to dry up the bubbles. Since it doesn't contains steroids, if i have to use this on a daily basis to keep it at bay, so be it, at least it won't hurt other parts of my body in doing so.
c23

Postby Sabrina » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:07 am

If my blisters are visible probably likely to burst and infected should I go to work if I work in a hospitats dealing with patients?
Sabrina

Postby CincyRed » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:06 pm

I have managed to tame the beast. I have Pompholyx around my fingers. I have been to the Dermatologist and he prescribed steroid cream. However, this was only marginally helpful. What has made a major improvement is the use of Eucerin Original Cream. This is very heavy and is sold in a tub. I apply liberally to my hands before bed and cover the hands with Allerderm cotton gloves. I moisturize first thing in the morning and after every hand washing during the day with the Eucerin. I also use vinyl, powder free gloves when preparing food or under rubber gloves when washing dishes (helps to put some of the Eucerin on first) . Also I use Oilatum soap which is mild. By far though, the greatest improvement is by using the Eucerin particularly with the cotton gloves at night. The gloves hold the moisturizer on the the skin. These ideas are not expensive. The Eucerin is available at Walmart and Target for $12-13, the box of 100 vinyl gloves at Gordon Food Service for $4 and the Oilatum is $3-4 per bar. The Allerderm gloves are available online for $2-4 a pair which can be washed and used for a long time. I no longer need the steroid cream. As a lifetime sufferer of this condition, I am very pleased with my newfound management of the symptoms. I am a 55 year old male, who as a child had the problem on my toes. In my 20's it moved from my toes to my fingers. Give these suggestions consideration, I hope it helps.
CincyRed

Postby RLA » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:09 am

THE PROBLEM PEOPLE is VITAMIN D3. Or it is for me anyway, seems that way. Ive been taking D3 now for 4 days and (pretty much) my entire body has cleared up. Take 10,000IU of D3 per day, along with about 4,000IU of Vitamin E caps, I am also taking 2 Vitamin B3 Complex pills also. Ive had SERIOUS pompholyx on my hands for 4 years, and what got rid of THAT for me believe it or not was SWEET ALMOND OIL......And continual washing with a Thursday Plantation Tea Tree oil Hand SOAP (Available in Australia). I had eczema severley over my entire body over the last 6 months, and with high doses of D3 over the course of the last four days, and I will continue to take it - all but a few spots have vanished leaving no sign that there was ever anything there, and I had some ENORMOUS patches. Save your self some drama, spend $10 on Vitamin D3 capsules and thank yourself. Then you can come back here and tell everyone how awesome it was for you.

REGARDS RYAN
RLA

Previous

Return to Tacrolimus/Protopic