Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Next thing to try

Next thing to try

Postby Lelly » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi all,

well, I think I have my main patch of eczema under control - the combination of a thick layer of purpotions skin salvation covered in cling film keeps the skin soft and not too itchy. It still looks like I have a major burn on my ankle but it does help. Now I just need to sort out the general itching.

I find that my skin will suddenly start to itch in one spot and of course, if I scratch, it converts to a new eczema patch. At night my back can feel as though someone is sticking needles into it.

So I have sent for a bottle of pure aloe gel. I am hoping that if I smother my skin in this it may start to feel better. I use an aloe based cream on a new eczema patch that has erupted on my arm (this one appeared after I had to wear a wrist brace for a few weeks. When I took it off the skin was really irritated).

The main thing I have to do is keep a tube of some kind of organic natural moisturiser with me at all times. Then if I start itching I can put cream on it and hopefully not scratch so much.

I guess the skin issues were to be expected. My grandmother and father and I suffer from discoid eczema. But knowing this doesn't make it feel any better.

L
Lelly

Re: Next thing to try

Postby Shanda » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:38 pm

Hello,
I have had eczema almost my entire life and I just recently got rid of it by splashing water on my face with a little olive oil- I had remembered how well my skin did when I went to Hawaii because of the wonderful humidity, and now people are starting to use facial mists to keep their faces dewy and hydrated- this works! It has totally taken away the red patches on my face, neck, and chest that I perpetually couldn't get rid of in our dry alaskan weather. Hope this helps!
Shanda

Re: Next thing to try

Postby Shanda » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:39 pm

Hello,
I have had eczema almost my entire life and I just recently got rid of it by splashing water on my face with a little olive oil- I had remembered how well my skin did when I went to Hawaii because of the wonderful humidity, and now people are starting to use facial mists to keep their faces dewy and hydrated- this works! It has totally taken away the red patches on my face, neck, and chest that I perpetually couldn't get rid of in our dry alaskan weather. Hope this helps!
Shanda

Return to Other/creams/miracle cures/etc etc