Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Itchstopper.com - a con ??

Re: Itchstopper.com - a con ??

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jul 03, 2001 10:13 am

Hello,

My baby is suffering from eczema and I was doing some research on the web. I discover a site www.itchstopper.com. It seems taht this machine can stop itch and I wanted to know if anybody has tested it in Europe and specially on babies. I also would like to know what people think of it.
Anonymous

Postby David » Tue Sep 25, 2001 9:00 pm

Itchstopper is a con. it is of no value in treating childhood (or any other) eczema. if you are interested in researching eczema you would do much better to join the National Eczema Society, adn to buy one or two of the excellent books that are available, such as Dr. Atherton's.
David.
David

Postby jane » Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:25 pm

I bought an itchstopper some months ago for my two children who both suffer with eczema - suffice it to say it was consigned to a drawer after a couple of weeks of using it, no positive effect being noticeable. Best things to stop them itching have been small gel-filled 'cool-packs' kept in the fridge to apply as necessary, electric fans to cool them down, and calpol or nurofen syrup to ease the discomfort. Needless to say this is in addition to the usual bath oils, emollients, steroid creams etc.
jane

Postby Julia » Sat Oct 20, 2001 8:35 pm

I look after a little boy of 4. His ezcema is terrible. He has been brought up on antibiotics and the worst thing is the itching for him. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? We're currently trying Starflower Cream but would be very open to any other suggestions!

Julia
Julia

Postby bigjoandl » Wed Oct 31, 2001 7:22 pm

Hi,

My daughter is 3 now and has always had severe eczema and as you say nothing seems to stop the itching. I have found that putting something cold on the itch spots works best for us,it numbs the skin. We use ice-poles or freeze pops as some people call them, my daughter puts them on and holds them were she ithches most and then eats the half melted ice-pole when she is done. At night we give here a tablet called atarax to stop the itch and help her sleep it's prescribed by her doctor and works reasonably well.
bigjoandl

Postby eczemavoice » Wed Oct 31, 2001 10:55 pm

bioglandl - what colour is atarax? Is it green? and is it designed to stop the itch?
I think I may have had these when I was little as well
thanks
eczemavoice

Postby Janice » Wed Apr 17, 2002 11:25 am

Has anyone tried SK cream...I am interested in trying it for my 6mth baby daughter..we have tried Natraderm, Aveeno, Diprobase, Eucerin and many more but her face and legs are still red and itchy..hence no sleep!
Super Sensitive cream is a new product featured in the Sunday post but it is not for children under one...it sounds good for older children though.
Janice

Itchstopper.com - a con ??

Postby mort » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:25 am

I recently bought an itstopper from itchstopper.com for my girlfriend, she has eczema manly affecting her hands. The site makes all sorts of claims about how it works and how effective it is at stopping itching for up to 24 hours, complete rubbish. This Device is merely a heating element. I looked further into the subject of the itchstopper and found a letter from the FDA warning the company against most of its claims, everything eccept use on mosquito bites. Yet another waste of money.Why do this vutures prey on people with eczema
mort

Postby Anonymous » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:38 am

yes yet another waste of money. I've just sent mine back. I am intersted to see if there other claim of a money back garantee is true or just another piece of fiction
Anonymous

Postby jane » Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:57 pm

Has anyone read the article in the Daily Mail today? It is about a machine called "Itch Stopper" not sure if it is the sameone as mentioned on this site. Has anyone tried it and if so with what results? Thanks
jane

Next

Return to Other/creams/miracle cures/etc etc