Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Cornflour

Cornflour

Postby natalie » Sat Dec 08, 2001 8:58 am

while at work i had badly inflamed eczema on my arm somebody commentted on my burn,
when an old lady came to me and told me an old wifes tale for ezcema.
plain old - CORNFLOUR
just put it straight on it is messy but it felt so good for me and cleared up the flammation straigt away give it a test on a patch of skin.
natalie

Re: Cornflour

Postby Stella » Sun Dec 09, 2001 10:56 pm

Hi Natalie....

I'm very interested in this lady you mention...as natural products are what my skin likes at present...

What does she recommend for very dry flakey skin?

I'm putting oil and Vaseline on it at the moment as nothing else works...
Stella

Postby laura » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:08 pm

how did you put the cornflour on . did you make a pas
laura

Postby laura » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:09 pm

how did you put the cornflour on . did you make a paste
laura

Postby Laura » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:11 pm

how did you put the cornflour on . did you make a paste
Laura

Postby evnlee » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:51 am

hi how do you apply the cornflour thanx

also what oil do u mix with the vaseline?
evnlee

Postby Hman » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:29 pm

I have met a mexican lady who also recommends cornflour. She adds it to the bath or applies it to her children on wet skin and then allows them to bath in it. She also said that you can buy johnsons baby powder in the US which is made from cornflour. So I guess you just use it as you would use talc or just add it to the bath.

I have also heard that you can add rooibush teabags to the bath and this also helps.
Hman

Postby Jim » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:25 pm

I have had mild eczema on my hands all my life and the doctors have blamed various things at different times. It went away completely during my teenage and early twenties but just recently came back.
Since it came back I have been trying out avoidances of different foods and chemicals and it appears that there are two key things which appear to be related.
If I have corn (cornflakes in cereal which I started eating again recently by coincidence) my eczema comes up within a couple of days and if I have any contact with soap liquid (washing up liquid) my hands bubble and get eczema within a few hours. Since cutting all corn (including corn syrup etc...) my reaction to the soap liquid appears to have lessened too!
Jim

Postby Eva » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Rose Dunlap - OHHHHHH! Great pictures. Thank you so very much for sianhrg them. I also like the foot photo. Unique technique. She is really changing and getting more and more beautiful as each day goes by!!!I just wish I lived closer so I could see all of you more.Take care and keep the photos coming!Love you!Mom
Eva

Postby Decora » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:23 pm

is the acne just where your hair touches your face? I beivele it can be true due to irritation from some hair products causing inflammation of the pores. If not in the area your hair touches, i probably would not agree either.dr. m
Decora

Next

Return to Other/creams/miracle cures/etc etc