Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Newly Available Treatments

Re: Newly Available Treatments

Postby louise » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:39 am

Hello miracle! Took your advice and went out this morning to the chemist and bought the intensive care ointment and emollient cream. They didn't react on my skin-good start! So I'll keep everyone posted on how I get on after a few days. I hope I can find an alternative to steroids because the skin on my face is starting to get thin from over use. My skin is so reactive it even comes up in hives on a windy day! Thanx!!
louise

Postby louise » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:54 am

I'm afraid the allergenics creams were not a success in my case! I followed the advice, and initially they seemed to work ok, but after a few applications, my skin really started to itch badly. I have used the cream on my face, and this morning when i woke up, my face was really red and my eyes had swollen up like golf balls! I guess the problem with this "natural" cream is the sheer amount of ingredients it contains. They may all be natural, but that doesn't stop you being allergic to them. Shea butter, rose oil, aloe, liqorice...the list goes on and I could be allergic to any one of them. Trouble is, I don't know which one. I really wanted this cream to work, because I would love an alternative to steroids, and I'm genuinely happy for the people who have had success with it...just not me.
louise

Postby SH » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi All,

Agree with Louise - Products can be as natural and chemical free as possible but that will not stop a reaction to some of the ingredients.A lot of people have had great success with Shea Butter but it brought me out like I had been on a sunbed for 2 weeks !!
Also as with most reactions it took at least a week before they start to appear.
Keep trying until you find something that works - only problem is when the manufacturers change the ingredients !!! Aaaaahhh Vaseline intensive care - Aveeno to name couple.....Rant over.
SH

Postby Faithnine » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:09 pm

Hi to all of my Eczema sufferers,
Back in June I had posted about getting eczema after catching impetigo from taking care of my husband for 2 years without wearing gloves, however, the Derm never told us that it was catching and then I got it I had it for about 6 months and then it went in to eczema, I also have asthma, I now have it really bad on my arms and legs, fo a while I felt like I was walking around in a daze and not in full reality with was was going on in my life, I contribute that to using the steroids for about eight months and not even counting the body bloatedness, now about a month ago after battling terrible this condition and most of you know how bad it can get, while reading a post on Eczema Voice I found out that someone had used Sarna Eczema Lotion it has Hydrochloride in it, it has helped me so much I use it 3 times a day and also Acidopholis ( good bacteria)so betwen the two I am really starting to heal, I am so thankful to God for helping me to find this Link on Eczema Voice it has changed my life back to almost the way it used to be happy and calm.

I am healing so fast as long as I don't sratch myself and I know that it is very hard to do but in trying that to is helping me heal.

I would suggest and only thru my experience with this skin condition that everyone who reads this post should try Sarna Eczema Lotion I bought it at Wallgreens and it really works for me, takes the itching away almost in a second and dries and just feels great, before I put it on I take washcloth's and I soak them in cold water and wrap them around my affected areas and then I apply the lotion the greatest product and I would swear by it.

I hope this helps at least one person out there who is really suffering the way I was.

Take care all of you and maybe some day there will be a simple sure.

Laurie
Faithnine

Postby Alyse » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:54 pm

Hi Everyone - I have had TERRIBLE eczema since I was a little girl. I am now 28 and it has come back to haunt me with a vengeance! :o( I have recently discovered a homeopathic cream called Florasone. You can get it at HerbalRemedies.com. It STOPS the ITCH!!!!!!!!

I have also seen my derm because I have horrible eczema on my FACE! She prescribed Elidel. It's a steroid-free cream that works in about a couple of weeks!

My best wishes to everyone out there! There is hope!
Alyse

Postby Roy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:39 am

Hi, fellow suffers I am 23 year old male who has ezcema blemishes but my skin has improved by using a moisturiser called 'Gloves in a Bottle'. You can use it anywhere on your body or face. I only use it on my face and it really helps keep my skin hydrated. Also another product I found that works well is on skinactives.com , it is called Anti-inflammatory Cream and that has also helped my skin alot and has for many other people!!!
Roy

Postby Amanda » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi guys,i am a mother of a 2yr old eczema sufferer.I have used almost evrything and nothing has worked.Can anybody suggest something for my 2yr old as the eczema is slowly eating her skina away.She scratches until she bleeds,i cant even send her to pre school yet.Please email amandamafuya@yahoo.com
Amanda

Postby Leeanne » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:00 pm

I have a 4 year old daughter who has suffered with eczmema and very dry skin since she was 5 weeks old.First it started on her face then scalp and then spread all over her body. We have tried lots of creams with not much success. We are now tring the wet wrapping which seems to help her dry skin but not so much her eczmema.she finds the wet wrapping very painfull and would be greatfull for any advice on this.
Leeanne

Postby Leeanne » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Hi Amanda i have a four year old daughter that suffers with bad eczema and i am trying wet wrapping.it might be worth a go if you haven't tryed it.I am new to it but it helps my daughter by night with scraching and it does protect it.
Leeanne

Postby salemsky » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:27 pm

drink only reverse osmosis water....cook with only r/o water and detox from heavy metals using liquid zeolite. i am now totally eczema free after suffering for 10yrs. chronic acute.
salemsky

PreviousNext

Return to Other/creams/miracle cures/etc etc