Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Nothing seems to work

Re: Nothing seems to work

Postby slayer » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:16 pm

ive tried steriods but my eczema keeps coming back so now ive stopped and im trying to eat healthy food but that isnt working either... im using cetraben about 100 times a day and THAT WORKS!..the redness doesnt go away too much but my skin doesnt itch and its soft and it doesnt scale. its the ONLY lotion thats worked.

ive literally tried everything and my eczema just wont improve.. my face looks like a warzone
slayer

Postby Laura » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:19 pm

My 4 year old son had eczema bad when he was a baby. I discovered he is allergic to citric acid, which is in EVERYTHING, including the doctor prescribed lotions to help it (Eucerin included), formula, some diapers and some wipes....they were only making it worse. When I eliminated foods/lotions containing citric acid his eczema went away. Only recently has he broken out - because of eating snacks at school with citric acid in them. Did you know the main active ingredient in Comet spray cleanser is citric acid? And they put that stuff in our food! Nice. Anyway, that's my two cents. We've found that the Healthy Babies brand of eczema cream works well to help heal breakouts.
Laura

Postby irishmom » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi my son is 10 months and has pretty sever eczema all over his body. People recommended Diprobase so I used it yesterday and he has had a huge flare up and not sure if that was the cause. Anyone else have a bad reaction to it?
irishmom

Postby evnlee » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:56 am

hi can any1 tell me how you can find out if your allergic to certain foods,chemicals etc im being referred to a dermologist waiting to get an appoinment at mo but do they do tests? and if so do they hurt thank you
evnlee

Postby Vic » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:45 pm

Hi evnlee,

The tests are simple ones. I've had 2 different kinds. One test involved simply putting the different allergens under plasters on my back - I think there were about 30 different plasters, and I couldn't wash my back for 10 days! to see whether any gave a reaction.

The other more common test is called a skin-prick test. Usually a nurse will make a little scratch on your inner arm with a sterile lancet, then put a drop of the allergen on the scratch. Usually they only do 5-10 of these. The scratch is tiny, you really can't feel it at all, it's not like an injection or anything. It's just so the allergen can get under your skin. Then about 20 minutes later they have a look at the marks to see if any have come up as a lump.

Hope this helps
Vic

Postby Tutti fruiti » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:46 pm

Hi. I've recently discovered that putting toothpaste on my itchy patches really does the trick for me. It's stops the itch for a very long time. It won't moisterise the skin, but it's better than putting steroid cream on.
Tutti fruiti

Postby tips please!! » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:50 pm

my 8 year old step daughter has eczema which covers most of her body the last cream she was using was doublebase which moistuised her skin lovely but she has a real trouble not scratching even if her cream is right in front of her! she also finds it hard to keep to her routine without constant supervision any tips??
tips please!!

Postby flyboy61881 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:24 pm

My two daughters have been dealing with Eczema all their life. We have used all the steroids and creams on the market and don’t feel comfortable with the harm they is doing to their bodies. We have looked for years for a natural way to control their Eczema and have found it; ViaViente. We only put it on their skin when their Eczema flare up and within a couple days of using Via its under control. It also helps with the dry skin that is associated with it. Via really works and you will be amazed just like we were. Our daughters are 4 and 5 years of age. Via works and I'm not a sales person or a spammer. Shoot me an email if you want more into. Flyboy61881@hotmail.com
flyboy61881

Postby Gem1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi,

Whilst searching for something to help with the ezcema on my hand, I have stumbled on what seems to be an cure for eczema. I`m desperately looking for a solution. Just follow this link and see what you think:

jagster1.eczemacure.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=JRP

Just copy into your browser with the neccessary W`s in front.

Any opinions would be appreciate.

Thanks

Gemma
Gem1

Postby Frank » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:13 pm

I have used the cream from eczemaderm.com and works good.
Frank

PreviousNext

Return to Other/creams/miracle cures/etc etc