Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Ketoconazole Cream 2% works

Re: Ketoconazole Cream 2% works

Postby REAL4 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. It really breaks my heart to hear all your stories and struggles...I myself have been struggling with eczema for about 12 years. I got it 1 year in while serving in the military, no one in my family has it. No allergies in my family and I have a huge family...seems I'm the only one! Some how I now have food allergies that I have NEVER had. The eczema is all over my face and I look like this :oops: RED!!!! I HATE IT!! I was prescribed steroid creams from military and it damaged my skin on hands and face! I no longer take family pictures which is pretty sad! I've noticed that every time I eat meat I flare up, but the my doctor said meat is not the cause. I tried it again and immediately my face flared up so I don't know what's up. I was prescribed Ketoconazole cream 2% on for my face, and guess what it worked the bumps are gone some redness is still there but I can work with that. I'm terrified though!! has anyone ever used Ketoconazole for a long period of time? Is there any side effects like thinning of skin or something urgent? I wish I would have found this website when I was prescribed steroids and it would have saved me a whole lot of heart ache!!!
REAL4

Re: Ketoconazole Cream 2% works

Postby HannahNye » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:14 pm

Yes, Ketoconazole cream helped me so much on my face!

The number 1 topical cure I would say.

I used nizoral and also daktarin gold (ages ago when it had ketoconazole in!)

If you want to hit it from three angles then do Nizoral cream for topical, Low-Fodmap or low-carb for diet and then Elixa for your probiotic supplement.

I've used 3 types of Nizoral cream. One was gritty (some generic brand I bought abroad). Daktarin Gold is out of production now i think. Nizoral 2% cream I get via prescription :)
HannahNye

Previous

Return to Other/creams/miracle cures/etc etc