Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Has anyone ever tried Bag Balm?

Has anyone ever tried Bag Balm?

Postby sds » Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:50 am

My mother-in-law suggested I try Bag Balm...an ointment that is used on cows and horses. The FDA does not approve of it for humans, but many people do use it on dry skin. I'm thinking of trying it...
sds

Re: Has anyone ever tried Bag Balm?

Postby leesh » Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:01 pm

I tried Bag Balm. It seemed to help for a few days, but then actually got worse and caused a lot more itching. For me, pure Lanolin has worked better.
leesh

Postby mkgal » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:06 pm

I read something about bag balm once saying it had a LOT of the same positive effects as more expensive medicine but since it is all natural, it can't be patented...
mkgal

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:18 pm

It's worth a try, but I warn you - it be SMELLY!

It didn't do my eczema much good (I think it's got lanolin in there somewhere), but it worked miracles on my mum's cracked feet.
Phoebe

Postby matt » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:21 am

Has anyone any feedback to give on the use of Cardiospermum Gel both on how effective it is and, if recommended, where I can get it? It appears not to be available from skin-shop. Thanks
matt

Postby morrisr » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:58 pm

I tried bag balm on my 5 yr old niece and it works wonders. her's is really bad, huge scapes, its horrible, but after one day it was more than half way healed.
morrisr

Postby nixie » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:53 am

I tried it, but it made my eczema more inflamed.
nixie

Return to Other/creams/miracle cures/etc etc