Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Wauwa cream

Wauwa cream

Postby steveanu » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:02 am

My name is Anu. Please how can i get hold of wau wa cream in Manchester for my daughter.
steveanu

Re: Wauwa cream

Postby harris » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:52 pm

How can I purchase a wa wa cream in birmingham
harris

Postby massagecambs » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi! My name is Liz and i use wauwa for my son. I leave in cambridge and always ask friends who leave in London to get it for me. It cost £25 so i give them £5 extra for their efforts. If u have some one u know i can give u the address and u can send someone or go get it yourself.

The cream is said to have high steroids content but it works. U can email me on Liz@mobilemassagecambs.co.uk if u need address of the palce to get it.Hope that helps
massagecambs

Postby mama Jasper » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:13 pm

Steroids are DANGEROUS! For Gods sake, do not use those strange creams on your babies, they are steroids and cortisone products, which should only be used as your doctor will tell you.And even then, steroids on babies never, unless all other medicines have failed. You are doing terrible damage to your child's skin, just do your research and READ READ READ what professonals have to say about these treatments.These creams 'work' quickly, then the problems come back, you use more cream, and so on the circle continues forever, someone makes a lot of money out of your child's misery and you are not any wiser. Go to a professional herbalist and learn to use cheap, clean herbal baths and creams on your child. Natural oils and herbs, DO your research.Eczema is big business, money grabbing manufacturers of dangerous products have a laugh when you part from your money to help your child.They promise you anything and you pay, but in the end it is your child that pays. I am studying to make my own herbal creams as my daughter suffered terribly with eczema ( whole body sometimes) when she was younger. Doctor gave us Aquous cream and sometimes cortisone cream. Nothing helped, but eventually she just grew out of it around 21 years of age. I was ignorant and trusted the doctors. I now know that aquous cream is not even meant to be left on skin, it should be used as soap. Paraffin and mineral oils block the skin and they do not belong in your skin care collection but because they are cheap to produce ( by-products of petroleum industry) they are in most, even some herbal or so called natural creams. My advice is this; use Chickweed cream, or pick your own chickweed fresh, make infusion( pour a cup of boiled hot water over a large pinch of chickweed, let seep 20 minutes, then dab on eczema as a wash, don't dry away.) Make a cup of Chamomile tea and add into baby's bath water or dab on skin with cotton wool.Use Jojoba oil, Almond oil, Olive oil, Apricot kernel oil and massage baby with those. No soap as it dries skin, no bubbly baths, use olive oil or Chamomile tea and cotton wool when changing nappy, use Fuller's Earth cream for nappy area as barrier cream. There is a lot of information and cheap herbal home remedies on Google and a lot to learn, but all these ingredients have healing properties. If you have used steroids and cortisone for a long toime, it will take very long time to heal as they have damaged the skin so badly. Do not give babies and children sweets or sugary things, give fruit instead. Eczema thrives on sweet body. I hope you come into your senses and never just go to some odd shops to buy a cream you have not researched.ALWAYS research, it can save your child's life.
mama Jasper

Postby tina » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:51 am

hi is their any wau wa cream
tina

Postby mama Jasper » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:59 pm

Use of Wau Wa in dermatitis patients : The Lancetwww.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/.../PIIS0140-6736(02)11113-5Cached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
by J Daniels - 2002
TO ALL YOU IRRESPONSIBLE MOTHERS WHO STILL STUBBORNLY AND IGNORANTLY INSIST ON USING WAU WA CREAM ON YOUR POOR CHILDREN, READ THIS ARTICLE PUBLISHED IN LANCET AND WISEN UP. And do something positive instead if you think your child is worth spending time on. Instead of nipping to a shop to buy some dodgy cream with hidden high doses of cortisone, make your own. Here is a web site ( Aromantics) where you can buy everything you need and there is a recipe for moisturiser for sensitive skin. I have made this (easy) and cured my daughter's persistent eczema around her mouth.She used steroid cream for several weeks with the result that the ezcema came back tweice as bad and it took 6 months fot it to clear. PLEASE take this to heart and if you really want the best for your child, you will have to work a bit harder than going to your GP or shopping for some illegal and dangerous creams. And be patient, there is no miracle cure and natural oils and creams work slowly but they actually heal the damaged skin, which does not happen overnight, and not just mask symptoms.And don't forget, there are people who do not give two hoots about you and your child, they only want your MONEY!
NOW READ THIS and trust those who know better than you!!

Use of Wau Wa in dermatitis patients
Original Text
Justin Daniels a , Debbie Shaw a, David Atherton.
The parents of three different children with atopic eczema seen in our paediatric dermatology clinics informed us that they were applying a product called Wau Wa cream to their children's skin, with substantial benefit. In every case, the parents had presumed that this product was free from corticosteroids, which they believed to be harmful. One child had skin atrophy at several sites.
Wau Wa cream is widely available in the UK, especially in southeast England. Its label states that it contains extract of Wau Wa root and cream, and is made in Ghana.
Independent analysis shows that Wau Wa cream contains 0·013% clobetasol propionate.1 This corticosteroid molecule is the same as that present in one of the most potent commercially available prescription topical corticosteroid treatments, although the concentration is about a quarter of that used in the commercial preparation, in which the concentration is 0·05%. The data sheet for the prescription cream states it must not be used long term in children.
The Wau Wa tree grows in Ghana and, paradoxically, causes severe dermatitis in timber workers; no therapeutic use for it is known.2, 3 Clobetasol propionate is a synthetic steroid molecule and does not occur naturally; therefore, it is highly improbable that it is derived from the root of the tree.
Parents are using this Wau Wa cream as an alternative to steroid treatments, unaware that is it not purely a herbal product. Doctors, under the same misconception, have recommended it to patients. Anyone known to be applying it should be made aware that it contains a potent corticosteroid that could damage the skin under certain circumstances. The Department of Health has been informed of the illegal sale of this cream. There have been previous concerns about steroids in herbal creams from China and Ireland.4, 5 The wide availability of this cream emphasises the need for improved quality control for all herbal products. Also, more effective controls of the entry into the UK of illegal drugs of all types is desirable.
mama Jasper

Postby Sarvesh » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:29 am

Aveeno is really good I haven't boguht the lotion in a while but I love it gyrl..im a try some of that cocoa butter thats the first time I saw it packaged like that as a stick foundation, hmmm gotta try it oiut diva, LOL! Thanx 4 sharing this info =)
Sarvesh

Postby Rouba » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:50 am

A quick result cream if you are tired and see pusnifefs below the eyes is, believe it or not, preparation H. Get the original formula. You are very young but you might be up late studying etc. It is not a long term solution but you will be amazed by the results.Simply dot a tiny bit below your eyes in the morning. DON'T GET IT IN YOUR EYES!You will be amazed.
Rouba

Return to Creanalona-Has anyone heard of this cream?