Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

My eczema story

My eczema story

Postby lhi2011 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:06 pm

I started having eczema more than 30 years ago when I was still in elementary school. It started with one small blister in one of my palm and over a course of a few years spread over the palms of both hands, fingers and the nail borders so that the nails would grow out with deep ridges. Over the last 30+ years, I've tried various Eastern and Western medicine and medicinal cream and ointment and refrained from eating certain foods. Nothing worked. I started meditating regularly (not for eczema reason) in 2007 and was seeing a Chinese doctor at the same time and was getting better. I thought it was the Chinese medicine that was helping. I stopped the Chinese medicine treatments in 2008 as the doctor said I didn't need it anymore. At that point, my eczema was under controlled, but still only 50% better. I had to stop mediation in 2009 altogether due to my hectic lifestyle at the time. In retrospect, I now remember that my eczema started to spin out of control again after I stopped meditating. By the end of 2010, my eczema was at its worst, keeping me up at nights due to itchiness (and stress) and my hands were constantly dry and scaly due to the use of steroid cream, which led to cracks and bleeding. At the same time, I noticed that the degree of my eczema seemed to correlate with my stress level. I was very stressed out in 2009 and 2010 and was not sleeping well 4 to 5 nights per week. I started mediating regularly again in 2011 and noticed that my eczema started to get better about 2 months later. Now after more than 3+ years of regular mediation, my eczema is 90% recovered. I think I'll be almost fully recovered if I keep up my meditation for another year. I say almost fully recovered because I know that I can only keep my eczema under control if I keep up with mediation. I should also mention that since I started meditating again in 2011, I have been able to keep my stress level under control. I sleep well every night now. I remember the Chinese doctor told me that eczema can also be caused by stress and advise me not to get stressed out. In my case, it seems that stress is the major culprit to my eczema. I don't know if meditation will work for every body, but I just want to share my story.
lhi2011

Re: My eczema story

Postby Ajmcguire » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:30 pm

Wow, that's a long road you traveled with a wonderful reward at the end. May I ask, do you take a steroid?
Ajmcguire

Postby lhi2011 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:50 pm

I never took steroid internally. I have been using steroid cream (Elocom cream) and still using it when there is flare ups, but I'm using it less and less these days. I would also like to mention that there is absolutely NO negatives to meditation and so much positives that meditation has given me beside keeping my eczema under control, which was not my initial intention when I started meditating. My stress is now more than manageable and I am more mindful and focused in my daily life. Just 10 to 15 minutes meditation per day to start with would do wonders for your life.
lhi2011

Postby albertalvarez2222 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Hello

i am suffering from skin disease, eczema and i am aware in my skin so i decided to find the best solution on my problem. I found out the Jarvis Cosmetics. I am suffering from skin Infection for years and even other products cannot do this but with Jarvis Serum and Cream, the infection were gone after 1 week and never came back. I also participate on their Clinical Trial and i cannot wait to find them on stores.

then i’m thankful for the result.

You can try it yourself. just click the link below:

http://www.jarviscosmetics.com/
albertalvarez2222

Postby Deena » Tue May 16, 2017 8:51 am

I purchased the product foderma for my sister who was having severe cuts on the soles of her feet with blood oozing out of them & having great difficulty in walking..She tried many creams/lotions as well as medicines,but without any relief.After using this cream,she is 90% cured of the problem within 20 days and can walk without any pain.
Deena

Return to Eczema Voice