Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Deodrants/Anti Perspirants

Deodrants/Anti Perspirants

Postby Munky » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:51 am

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good anti perspirant that contains no/few harmful chemicals? i currently use sure for men sensitive and it seems to work ok. i've no idea how many chemicals it contains though, so does anyone have any recommendations?
Cheers
Munky
Munky

Re: Deodrants/Anti Perspirants

Postby EV for cathy » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:17 pm

By cathy on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 04:25 pm:

I also suffer from eczema on the armpits, I am allergic to almost all deodorants, and those deodrants which are specifically manufactured for sensitive skin do not offer the protection I need to prevent BO. For many years I have been using Adidas 24h Performance, it offers all the protection I need without causing a rash, but fewer and fewer places sell it. I traveled 40miles to purchase my last deodorant, unfortunately they have changed the ingrediants, I have just applied this new deodrant which now call itself sensitive, but it has started to sting. I am hoping this initial reaction wears off and I do not develop my usual allergy. Does anyone know where they sell the old version of Adidas 24h Performance, or can anyone recommend a effective, low allergy deodorant.
EV for cathy

Postby EV » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:34 pm

By Bruce on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 12:37 pm:

Any thoughts on what to use for a deoderant. Ive tried so many items, the normal off the shelf items and everything tends to irritate the skin. It is becoming a problem so one tends to shower more often which tends to agreviate the problem as well.
EV

Postby EV » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:37 pm

By anne on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 10:25 am:

Can anyone advise me on what to do about eczema around the armpits. I have tried loads of different deodrants and they all seem to make my armpits really itchy and the surrounding area is now also rashy even when using nothing. I can't use soap either so it is becoming a real problem.
EV

Postby EV » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:44 pm

EV

Postby Stella » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:21 pm

Hi there Cathy,

Use coconut oil!! Eat it and put it on your armpits...If this sounds strange - read up on 'coconut-diet forum' and uses of coconut oil and be thoroughly surprised like I was!!

Love you,

Stella
Stella

Postby Anne » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:52 am

Hi
Boots non perfume sensitive ladies is good.
Myself and my dad both found this works.
Anne

Postby sabete » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:28 pm

I like Dove's Sensitive Skin Fragrance Free Invisible Solid ... It hasn't caused me to break out and I've used it for a few years. If you do have broken skin be warned that it does sting a little.
sabete

Postby hadenough » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:30 pm

Cathy
Dove Deodorant, original, the solid one (kinda like a cream but its a solid stick) is the only deodorant that i can use. I even react to the other dove ones. I suffer from eczema everywhere and my arm pits have been fine since i have used this, even considered using it everywhere!!!! It seems pretty good for BO too!
Good luck on your search!
hadenough

Postby cath » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:39 am

I use green natrel spray deo and have done for about 15 years! I hope they don't change the ingredients of that or I will be truly scuppered!
cath

Next

Return to Baths/Showers/Shampoos/Bath Salts